: gzinflate() [function.gzinflate
]: data error in /home/selfblog/public_html/wp-includes/http.php
on line 1787
Few Climate-Sensitive Items That Are Prone To Damage
- Electronic goods- Electronic items are susceptible to moisture and need to be kept in dry places to last longer. The easiest way to ruin electronic goods is to let moisture seep in. People who reside in coastal areas are exposed to extremely humid conditions. Keeping electronic items stored in a store house which is dry and warm would be ideal in such conditions.
- Clothing and mattresses- Once clothing is exposed to dampness, it can get affected by mildew and mold. Also the clothing which is packed in storing boxes should be completely dry. Mattresses also can get soggy and damaged due to heat, humidity, and cold. Climate controlled self storage is, thus, ideal for such items.
- Paintings and items made of paper- Paintings, books, artwork, and paper items do not last well in extreme humid conditions. The paper could possibly rot or stick together and thus get ruined. Mildew and mold may also attack these goods in humid conditions.
- Wooden articles and upholstery- Wooden furniture and upholstered items are far more susceptible to extreme climates than you can imagine. Antiques, particularly, are more prone to damage due to excessive moisture or dryness. The wood may get covered in mold and mildew and may start to rot. Mildew and mold can also cause health problems like allergic reactions and asthma. Climate controlled self storage should thus be considered for these articles. Extreme dry conditions, on the other hand, can cause wood to warp and crack.
- Musical instruments- The wooden material of musical instruments is likely to warp and crack due to excessive heat. If leather is used in any of these instruments, then again, there is likelihood of damage as leather is also climate sensitive and can easily whether if not protected properly.
Tweet This Post
Disclamer: This entry is intended to promote our partner StorageMart and some or all participants received compensation.